Even in the best-case scenario, most patients will require skilled medical services for a few days to a few weeks following a hospital stay, especially if the hospitalization has been for very long or it also becomes especially important for those who have had major surgery or who have been diagnosed with a critical illness.
For patients who have had cardiac surgery, hip and knee replacements, spine surgeries, transplants, tumor removals, and other types of surgeries, the need for skilled home health care is critical, and post-hospitalization care becomes non-negotiable. Such patients require specialized post-discharge care, and it is critical to adhere to an evidence-based regimen to avoid unnecessary complications and ensure a safe, speedy recovery.
The post-hospitalization period is the most critical for individuals’ overall health improvement and enhances the complete recovery of the individual who is no more at risk.
People simply do not recover as soon as they are released from hospitals, their bodies need time to adapt to the daily routine, hence, post-hospitalization care becomes necessary as they are looking after their daily lifestyle and bringing only healthy changes. They require medical assistance or supervision to maintain their health and recover quickly, and only post-hospitalization care can make that possible.
What is the importance of Post-hospitalization care beneficial in enhancing the complete recovery of the patient?
See, people think post-hospitalization care is just a gimmick in the healthcare industry to have more money. But sadly, this is what not being informed about matters leads us to think. As already mentioned before, being out of a hospital does not mean being out of the risk of being in ill health all over again. That is why post-hospitalization care comes to our rescue.
That is just the basic understanding of the concept, but let’s discuss further in detail as to what is the importance of post-hospitalization care for its patients:
- Post-hospitalization services facilitating post-hospitalization care are designed to assist the patient in fully recovering – both physically and mentally – and returning to his or her normal routine, while also providing mental support and strength to the patient and family.
- These home care plans from a reputed post-hospitalization care company like that of Servicure, the best post-hospitalization care company in India were created using best practices and guidelines from leading surgeons, who will also review the patients on a regular basis. Servicure’s caregivers are trained and equipped with the best resources to carry out these plans and provide full-fledged holistic post-hospitalization care to the patient.
- Physical recovery is only a part of the healing process. Your mental and emotional well-being are equally important and can aid in faster recovery. Post-hospitalization care services can be tailored to provide you with assistance other than direct medical or healthcare assistance.
- The little things around you and impacting you on a daily basis are what help you recover. Your time in post-hospitalization care should not be consumed by routine tasks. Spending more time focusing on yourself and delegating household tasks to a dedicated caregiver can help you recover faster and provide you with much-needed rest.
Household cleaning and laundry are necessary daily tasks, which if done by someone properly can improve your quality of life and well-being at home.
Cooking and meal preparation can ensure that you have nutritious meals on hand that is tailored to your condition and recovery.
Extra tasks, such as gardening and grocery shopping, can be physically taxing and should be delegated whenever possible to such caregivers.
- When it comes to recovery, a holistic yet medically backed up post-hospitalization care yields the best results. Servicure wants to ensure that all care recipients, regardless of their post-surgery status, can recover as quickly as possible and that too gently and safely. This entails offering a comprehensive service that caters to all patients which also promotes a sense of fulfillment for them.
- The best and most professional team caters to post-hospitalization care. They include registered nurses who provide all nursing services, including post-acute surgery care, wound care, and medication and injection administration whereas Personal care assistants (PACs) can provide assistance in the home, such as personal care, transportation, housekeeping, and domestic support – basically, you get what you want.
What is the difference between pre-hospitalization care and Post-hospitalization care expenses?
Even if hospitals demand lakhs for your patient, you do not budge from it since you consider it necessary. But when it comes to post-hospitalization care we always tend to negotiate or demean their services.
That is why we are here to provide an understanding between pre-hospitalization care and post-hospitalization care expenses because ultimately money is something that often stops us from availing necessary services like post-hospitalization care :
And as a bonus, we’ll also clear your doubts about health insurance for such service care, so let’s dive in :
Pre-hospitalization care expense :
Pre-hospitalization expenses include a variety of charges associated with medical tests performed prior to the hospitalization of a patient. Before prescribing treatment, doctors/physicians perform a battery of tests to accurately diagnose a patient’s medical condition and charge fees accordingly apart from the fees for the tests that the patient undertakes.
It is important to note that the number of days covered varies according to the type of health insurance provider if you have health insurance. However, in most cases, charges incurred by a person 30 days prior to admission to any hospital are considered pre-hospitalization expenses. Several tests, for example, blood tests, urine tests, and X-rays are also classified as pre-hospitalization expenses.
Post-hospitalization care expense:
Now, about post-hospitalization care, all expenses or charges incurred by an individual after being hospitalized and being released from it are included in post-hospitalization expenses.
For example, the consulting physician may order certain tests to determine a patient’s progress or recovery after hospitalisation. It is important to note that the number of days covered varies based on certain rules. However, in most cases, charges incurred by an individual for the first 60 days after discharge are predominantly considered post-hospitalization expenses.
Expenses for various therapies, such as acupuncture and naturopathy, are not covered by insurance companies under the category of post-hospitalization expenses. Diagnostic fees, consulting fees, and medication costs, on the other hand, are covered by them.
Individuals can claim both pre and post-hospitalization expenses by submitting original bill receipts as well as relevant copies of the doctor’s certificate and discharge summary to such insurance companies. To reap the most benefits from their health insurance policies, policyholders should be well-versed in the list of inclusions of the services offered by them.